Saturday, June 7, 2008

Etsy Shop Update

First off, I want to congratulate the winners and all the participants of TIB's Heroes Contest. There were so many amazing and inspiring entries. I had such fun doing it, too. I can't wait until the next TIB contest!

Since we spoke last I've been such a busy little bee, making stuff for my sad, empty Etsy shop. So far I have whipped up four nutty sundae berets and four apron dress/ head kerchief sets.

I make each nutty sundae beret with a variety of yarns and crochet threads. I just love mixing textures. Each hat has 5 layers-- ice cream, hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream, and a big cherry on top. Every layer is carefully hand stitched onto the next. Here are the "flavors" I've made:

Strawberry Sundae

Neopolitan Sundae

Caramel Sundae

Cool Candy Mint Sundae

For the apron dress sets, I used the most kawaii fabrics from my stash, which were all imported from Japan. The rick rack trim on them is vintage, which is so much softer and pliable than modern rick-rack. The dresses are also completely lined in white cotton. The back closes with a metal hook and eye. Finally, all seams are hidden, which prevents unraveling.

Anyway, here they are:

Bunnies & Berries

Panda & Pig Ballet

Cottage in the Woods

Kawaii Owls


I had some time on my hands so I decided to whip up some hang tags. Look at me trying to be all professional and stuff ;) Actually, I used to write little thank you notes by hand with each sale, so I just thought this would be much neater and prettier.

I'm going to take a few more photos of the sundae hats and dress sets and then I'll be posting them in my Etsy store soon.

I think I'll work on some amigurumi cupcakes and owls next for the shop.

Talk to you soon!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it seems that you have been busy trying to stock up the Etsy store. I really like the tags. that's a cute addition. I've got dibbs on the first lunchpail with matching thermos! Keep up the good work, i'm glad that you've decided to stock up your Etsy store.

Gina M Smith said...

These are all so gorgeous! I took your sundae hat to the meet, so I will advise everyone! Alert me to the cupcakes and owls!

Milkberry said...

Ooo Rima I'm sorry you didn't win. *Huggles* However your sundae beret is really just so yummy! I wish I could knit like you hehe~ Kawaii!! Oh I realized that all your beret is OOAK! All the chocolate sauce are different! That's really cool! Love love love it! I'm working hard for my Etsy too! Let's do our best! Gambatte!

Holly said...

Omigosh! Your apron dresses are so cute, perfect for blythe, and your cupcakes look awesome (I really like the acorn one!)So kawaii!!!

Tizzalicious said...

Those dresses are gorgeous!

*emilie* said...

those berets are the sweetest... have you ever considered making them human-size ?

Cait said...

I love your fabrics!! They are so adorable. Where do you usually buy them/order them from?

Morgan said...

I keep going back to etsy to see if you've updated!!! Eek!

Cait said...

Hello Rima,
Thanks so much for the information! I've seen some of the kawaii fabrics on etsy before but never really weighed the benefits of buying them. I've decided to stop making Blythe dresses for etsy and stick with the travel cases, which actually sell (just on TIB for now).
So glad you liked Eisley! The world is more beautiful with their music.

love, Cait

Megumi said...

AAAHHHH!!! The one I wanted is already gone(*_*;) I was to late......Would you accept a custom order???...

Anyway, Everything you make is so well made and beautiful!!!

6060 said...

Your handmade hats are beautiful, designs are great and the works are nicely done! How can you do that??? :)

Unknown said...

I love your mint and neopolitain ice cream hats and the fabric used for the dress sets are too cute! I can't wait to see your new owls and cupcakes!

Sandy:)

Unknown said...

so cute! they must have sold fast! i missed them! i would have love to snag one of the hats!

Colleen @ Mommy Panda said...

The cottage set is ADORABLE!!!

Beertje Zonn said...

These are allso lovely!
Kind regards

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

We're so happy that you have more items in your store. We bought a set for Ramona and she is very very pleased with it. Words can't describe how happy she is. I think we're going to have to peel her off the ceiling soon.

mushroommeadows said...

I LOVE all your fabric choices for the dresses! CUTE!

Constance Blythe said...

Love those outfits and the hats, well they are just delicious!

PAC said...

your work is so adorable!

Taylor said...

Now that's some food I can live with!
Not fattening at all. :)

Zari said...

so many cute things!

love the sunday berets...delicious and beautiful! I'm so glad your Etsy shop is working so well, you sure deserve it...and much more!

Emily Leiphart said...

The panda and pig ballet fabric is the cutest!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

The panda and pig ballet fabric is the cutest! I love all your stuff.