Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life is Sweet

Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Lately, I've been busy whipping up amigurumi that sums up my philosophy on life -- it's all too short, but wonderfully sweet . . . so savor every moment. I'm probably still filled with that fresh and novel feeling you get as you ring in the New Year, but I'm hoping it's something more. I hope this feeling sticks. It's easy to get so bogged down in the minutiae of life that you completely miss it. Not me, though. Not this year (or all the years thereafter hopefully). I resolve that in 2010, I will savor life's sweetness so thoroughly that I'll be choking on it! :)

These Charming Chocolate Dipped Strawberries were inspired by a long ago trip to Godiva's, where they had chocolate covered everything. Their jumbo chocolate dipped strawberries looked so heavenly that the sight was forever etched in my brain. Unfortunately, my amigurumi version doesn't taste as good, but I hope to make up for that in charm and cuteness.

Oh, and they're functional, too! I wanted these strawberries to do more than just sit on your desk and smile at you, so I attached a metal snap clip to the back and now you can dangle your strawberry on your bag or use it as a keychain, and take some cuteness with you wherever you go. :)

Each strawberry comes packaged in these clear plastic bento packages I discovered in my local grocery store. Now they're ready for gift giving!

Other sweet additions include Very Berry-licious Cupcakes and Cheery Cherry Cupcakes. I wanted to make cupcakes with more scrumptious and elaborate tops.

So I randomly decorated them with dallops of vanilla frosting, colorful sprinkles, and big fruit pieces. I love how they look from above . . . it's really like looking into a dessert case at the bakery.

Well, that's all the sweetness I have to share for now. Thank you for stopping by again! Best wishes to all of you in the New Year and all the years to come! :)

17 comments:

... Babsie said...

Hi,
I love all your sweeties. They looks like so "yam yam". Very nice and sweet.
Best wishes from Germany
Babsie

Unknown said...

oh rima! i love all of your new sweeties! i think i need a strawberry! and your philosophy on life! i will try to adopt it too! hope you have a very happy 2010!

Marta said...

Mmmmmmm yummy!! So sweet! Love them!

Líber said...

mmmm It`s delicius

tatiana said...

hermososoo
dan ganas de comerselos

Froda Grazia said...

Soo sweet! I love your works! =)
Kisses
Froda

Anonymous said...

So Cheerful!! :o)

A Happy and Healthy 2010 to You xx

Sumea

Andrea Rooks said...

So deliciously irresistible!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

~CraftyMummy2two~ said...

Aww your stuff is all so adorable to cute

Die Schaubude said...

Yammy ;) I wish you a happy new your too...any many such cute idea's ;) many greetings from germany from tanja

Unknown said...

OMG your strawberries are to die for!!!

Gina M Smith said...

How have you been? Your sweets are darling!

elif şen said...

merhaba çok harika görünüyorlar, iştah açıcı:)

Shanny said...

Hello!
You're work is so cute-- everytime I get into your shop you are sold out!

Can I place a specal order too?

Sandra said...

Hi I recently found your blog, and it's is sooo lovely! The colours are just so fantastic :)

Elsa said...

I love the cupcakes, Very good for a person that is on a diet(like me).