Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Loovee's First Trip to Japan

This past summer I took Loovee on vacation with me to Japan. I had so much fun gearing her up for the trip. I sewed all of her outfits. Loovee is my very first Blythe and also the first I've ever photographed in public. I was a bit embarrassed about doing so for all the world to see, but luckily my pal P does not embarrass easily, and he helped me pose her and take the pictures. Here are a few:
Before I left Hawaii for the trip, I fell in love with this Japanese creature called Gachapin, who I first spied in the Killers music video, Read My Mind. P spotted a Gachapin softie in a shop in Japan and purchased him for me. Loovee was wary of him at first, not knowing exactly what sort of monster he is, but they soon became fast friends.

One of the things I was excited to visit in Japan was a 100 Yen Shop. I just love a good bargain.

Here's one of the malls we frequented.

I plunked Loovee down in a random flower bed we passed by. I think the flowers really bring out the blue in her hair and eyes. I just have to say I had a helluva time making the pattern for that bunny hat. I wanted it to fit perfectly. About a dozen drafts and a couple of maximum strength aspirin later, I finally got it to my satisfaction.

The street to the Naritasan Shinshoji Temple were lined with these cute little statues of different animals such as turtles, bunnies, chickens, and such. Here she is on a ram.

At a park near the Narita Station.

The parting shot -- at the airport before we left Japan. Loovee is decked out in her aloha dress, ready to go back home to Hawaii with her new best friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rima!

I am so envious that you live in Hawaii and get to visit Japan. Those are two of my favorite places. I went to Japan several years ago and stopped in Hawaii on the way back. I wish I could do that again!

Love the pictures of Loovee!

Linda

Anonymous said...

I think it's absolutely wonderful that you explored Japan with Loovee. I applaud your creativity, as well as your fearlessness to share them. Reading Loovee's adventure was a cheerful delight. It's one thing to have a passion, it's another to animate and breathe life into your passion. Well done.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great time in Japan with Loovee! The photos look fantastic. Good on you for not being afraid to take Loovee out with you and photograph her in public.